This is a sponsored post, but as always, all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.
Ah … Fall in the beautiful state of New Jersey.
Cue the gradual changes in the weather, the emerging fall foliage and yes, you guessed it – moisture – lots and lots of moisture.
All those local to the New Jersey area and all other areas that experience a true four seasons know that this places our homes on a little added stress in terms of termite & pest prevention.
Here are 3 tips for termite prevention & pest control:
1. Look for Standing Water ~ Standing water is a pool of water of any size that doesn’t drain and/or does not flow. It can occur after excessive rain from hurricanes or other natural events, but can also be caused by human induced methods such as leaving containers out to collect water (such as children’s toys / buckets) or by abandoned swimming pools that have not been properly drained. Standing water can also be found in your crawl space(s) and/or the outside of your home. This build up of moisture is what pesky termites and pests are attracted to and crave.
Avoiding standby and stagnant water is paramount to keeping harmful insects at bay around your home. You are urged to take preventive measures to monitor any buildup of water in the grass, on the roof, in receptacles, or in and around your pool. If you see standby or stagnant water in areas around your home BUT off your property, be sure to call local code enforcement and let them know that they should get involved in order to avoid infestation of algae, harmful larvae or disease- carrying mosquitoes.
2. Do NOT Ignore Moisture Damage ~ It is crucial that you do not ignore moisture damage within your home and on your property. This includes but is not limited to fixing roof and gutter leaks promptly. Many homeowners do not fully understand what putting off even the smallest of roof leaks will do in terms of putting your home at risk for termites and pests. Ignoring moisture and water damage within your home can and will pose an issue with several different insects and termites including carpenter ants and “roly polys” which can thrive on even the smallest amounts of moisture.
3. Complete Annual Termite Inspections ~ It is highly advised to have a trusted professional come to your home and do a routine and/or annual inspection. A service such as a Home Protection Plan (H.P.P.) which is offered by Surf Termite & Pest Control. This program includes four quarterly service visits annually and provides your home with the most comprehensive and rigorous pest management program available in the industry. The program includes inspection and preventive treatment of both the interior AND exterior of your home. The team at Surf Termite & Pest Control pay specific attention to the pest control issues that are appropriate to the season and weather with each visit.
The Home Protection Plan (H.P.P.) also covers emergency service calls (during normal business hours). Coverage applies to your entire property including attics, basements, mailboxes, fences, garages, sheds, outdoor play sets and even pool houses. Surf Termite & Pest Control also offers the Home Protection Plus Plan (H.P.P. +). This plan covers everything found in the H.P.P., plus covers damages and issues resulting from carpenter ants, carpenter bees, digger bees, fleas, and cicada killers.
There are a wide array of pesky little creatures that can wreak havoc on the outside and inside of your home, including ants, bees, hornets, ladybugs, mice, millipedes, pantry pests, pill bugs, ground beetles, rats, spiders, roaches, springtails, sow bugs, yellow jackets, wasps, silverfish, carpenter beetles, boxelder beetles, centipedes, clover mites, crickets, and earwigs. WOW …. that is a lot. However, you can rest easy knowing that Surf Termite & Pest Control provides coverage against all of these within their signature Home Protection Plan (H.P.P.) and Home Protection Plus Plans (H.P.P. +)
ABOUT SURF TERMITE & PEST CONTROL
Surf Termite & Pest Control is a family owned and operated company with more than 30 years of experience in safe, humane, and effective elimination of pests and termites unique to the Jersey Shore environment.
Owner and operator Steve Wrzesnewski personally creates a plan for every single customer’s needs so your experience and satisfaction are guaranteed every time.
Be sure to contact them for all of your home needs and check out their other services offered including;
● Residential Pest Control
● Commercial Pest Control
● Wood Repair
● Pre-Constructive Treatments
● Rodent Control
● Radon Testing
● Structural Pest Exclusion Services
● Wood-Destroying Insect Inspections
● Tick & Mosquito Services
Address: 106 Fulham Place, Neptune , New Jersey 07753